The aim of the AGECS Fellowship Program for Leadership and Change is to provide financial support of grants of up to $10,000 for individual early childhood professionals (who are members of AGECS) to undertake a project for a period of 6 – 12 months that will impact on the quality of services for children aged birth to 5 years.
Fellowship recipients are expected to demonstrate improved access to and achievement of equity and excellence in early childhood. Applicants will need to communicate their interest in making a difference in Early Childhood Education leading to change. It is expected that such professional learning from the project will position the recipient as a leader who is able to share their learning. It is hoped that the Fellowship will lead to improved outcomes for all children, which could include those children and families experiencing disadvantage and vulnerability. It is expected that the findings from the project will be presented at an annual AGECS research symposium.
If you would like to know more about the application writing process, watch the application writing seminar here.
Any current member of the Association of Graduates in Early Childhood Studies (AGECS) can apply. If you are not already a member, apply now here.
The AGECS Fellowship Advisory Committee will consider applications that demonstrate the potential to enact leadership and change in the early childhood field. This could be in relation to:
- Building quality programs within the early childhood field;
- Strengthening already existing programs or practices;
- Positive outcomes for children;
- Increasing professional knowledge;
- Leading new directions in programs or practices; and
- Expanding perspectives through investigating best practice nationally or internationally.
How to apply
There are two elements to applying for the Fellowship Program for Leadership and Change:
- the online application form
- the budget template
Click here to fill in the application form on Microsoft Forms.
Click here to download the Project Budget template. Fill in the template with your project’s budget, save the Word doc as a PDF and email it to email@example.com once you have completed the Microsoft Form.
- The final submission date for the first round of applications is Friday 10th March.
- The final submission date for the second round of applications is Monday 31 July.